Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

starting to blog...

My dad was the most frugal man I know.  Growing up, he followed us around the house and switched off the light immediately after we left a room.  Shades had to stay down in the summer....it was like living in a cave.  Showers consisted of cold water trickling out.  Light bulbs were never over 15 watts and the hallway light was actually a night light.  Patches were placed on shirts, usually over the elbows.  Living in Chicago, I froze in the winter.  The thermostat was set to 60.  Who wants to live like that?

So if anyone knows how to save a buck, or shop for deals, it's me.  I don't live in a cave or take cold showers anymore.  But when I shop, I usually don't spend full price on an item. 

My friends have told me for months to start a blog about what I buy and how.  I am not sure I want people to know my secrets....

Oh, did I also mention that in addition to growing up in a cold cave, we didn't have a tv?

No comments:

Post a Comment